What is the difference between the calendar year and the fiscal year?

While calendar years begin January 1 and end on December 31, the fiscal year for Union College begins on July 1 and ends on June 30.

How do I make my gift?
There are numerous convenient ways to give back to Union. Regardless of which one works for you, the College will acknowledge the receipt of your gift with a mailed letter. Joint gifts from Union graduates will be split for donor recognition purposes. You are encouraged to review options on this page.

What is Union College’s Tax ID/EIN?
14-1338580 (Trustees of Union College)

What are the “Giving Levels?”
Your total annual contributions to Union, given at one time, or in installments throughout the fund year, including matching gifts, count toward giving levels. Donors who contribute $2,000 or more become members of the Terrace Council.

Donor Society Giving Level
UNION DONOR Up to $99 
RICHMOND ASSOCIATES $1,000 to $1,794
1795 SOCIETY $1,795 to $1,999
SOCIETY OF THE IDOL $2,000 to $2,999
SEAT OF STONE SOCIETY $3,000 to $4,999
RUTH ANNE EVANS PATRONS $7,500 to $9,999
THE GARNET SOCIETY $10,000 to $24,999
CHESTER ARTHUR ALLIANCE $25,000 to $49,999
WILLIAM SEWARD PARTNERS $50,000 to $99,999
MINERVA CIRCLE $100,000 - $249,999
SOUTH COLLEGE SOCIETY $250,000 to $499,999

How do I find out more information about scholarships?

Thank you to all donors who have endowed scholarships, who are making a difference in our students lives each and every year. Please contact The Office of Donor Relations for more details by email at donorrelations@union.edu or phone: (518) 388-6532.

Where is the listing of donors?
The Office of Donor Relations seeks to sustain and deepen the relationship between the College and its donors through meaningful acknowledgement, recognition, engagement and reporting. 2013-2014 Report of Donors

Why is alumni participation important?
No matter the amount of a gift, as alumni, each one counts, because it takes approximately 219 alumni donors to rise one percentage point. All alumni gifts are an investment in Union. We hope we can count on your support again during the fund year and please connect with others who may not be aware of the value of giving to Union. Thank you for your loyal support with a gift every year.

What does “Consecutive Giving” mean?
The Waldron Roll, Union’s consecutive giving society, recognizes alumni who demonstrate their confidence in the College’s mission with consecutive philanthropic contributions, in any amount, year after year. Membership in The Waldron Roll begins with two years of consecutive giving. Its members are recognized in the Annual Report of Donors. For more information about The Waldron Roll and your personal giving history, please contact theannualfund@union.edu

May I restrict my gift?
Annual giving, particularly unrestricted giving (which lets the College direct your gift to the areas of greatest need), is vital to maintaining Union’s high academic quality. Unrestricted gifts support scholarships, programs, faculty retention and other areas critical to the student experience.  That means that every gift, at every level, has an impact not only on Union’s reputation, but even more importantly, on our students. 

If you are interested in designating your gift, please consider the following areas of Annual Giving:

  • Financial Aid
  • Academic Enrichment
  • Student Life

Should you wish to further designate your gift to a specific fund or area, please fill in the box labeled “other” on the giving form.