Ways to Give

There are numerous convenient ways to give back to Union. Regardless of which one works for you, the College will acknowledge the receipt of your gift with a mailed letter. Joint gifts from Union graduates will be split for donor recognition purposes. And don't forget, you may be easily able to double your gift with a matching gift from your employer.

You can choose to make a via our secure online giving page.

By Check
Checks should be made payable to Union College and mailed to:
Union College
Office of College Relations-- Abbe Hall
807 Union Street
Schenectady, NY 12308

By Credit Card
Union College accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. One-time gifts can be made online or by calling the Annual Fund Office at (518) 388-6175

Electronic Transfer of Stock
(Not for establishing charitable gift annuities)
To receive instructions to make an electronic stock transfer or a gift of stock in certificate form, please contact Linda Newcomb. Linda may be reached at (518) 388-6156, extension 6156 or via email at newcombm@union.edu.

Cash Wire
To receive instructions to make a cash wire or ACH transfer please contact Linda Newcomb. Linda may be reached at (518) 388-6156, extension 6156 or via email at newcombm@union.edu.

Gifts from IRAs

Individuals who are 70 ½ or older can make outright gifts directly from their IRA up to $100,000 per year.


These gifts can be applied toward their minimum distribution and do not have to be reported as income.


For information click here or contact Jackie Cavalier at 518 388-6156 or cavaliej@union.edu

 By Giving an Asset

The simplest way to support Union College is through cash gifts. But creative gifts of assets can include stocks, bonds, and property (e.g., real estate as well as personal property such as artwork). These can not only provide you with charitable deductions, but often offer additional tax savings. For more information visit our what to give website or contact Jackie Cavalier at 518 388-6156 or cavaliej@union.edu

By Bequest
By remembering Union College in your will, you may be able to secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of the gift. Best of all, you will know that your generosity will support Union College for years to come and leave a lasting legacy.

Through Income-Generating Gifts
Life-income gifts, such as gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and pooled income funds can provide you with an income stream and significant tax savings as well as the satisfaction of supplying Union College with vital resources.

Through a Charitable Lead Trust
Transferring property to both Union College and individuals you wish to benefit is not always an either/or proposition. With careful planning, you may be able to arrange your transfers to accomplish more than one objective. For example, if you have assets that are appreciating, children who may want to start a business in the future, and a desire to assist Union College, you may wish to consider creating a charitable lead trust.

By Giving Retirement Plan Benefits
You may consider using retirement plan benefits to make a significant gift that will support Union College. Because of the estate and income tax treatment of retirement plan benefits, the cost of your gift to your estate and heirs is often relatively small.

Via Matching Gifts from Your Employer
Many employers match employee contributions to educational institutions like Union, so don't miss out on this easy opportunity to double the impact of your gift. Information should be available to you through your HR office. For more information, contact Jennifer Tys in the Annual Fund Office at 1-888-THE-IDOL or visit our matching gifts site to search for a particular company.

By Participating in the Annual Business Campaign
Local businesses may contribute a gift to the Annual Business Campaign to support scholarship aid for Union Students from the Capital Region (i.e., Albany, Columbia, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schoharie and Schenectady Counties). For more information, contact Elizabeth Epstein at (518) 388-6175.

By Volunteering
If you prefer to make a gift of your time and talents instead, we encourage you to explore the many options available. From mentoring new graduates just entering the job market to planning the next ReUnion, there is no shortage of Union College volunteer opportunities for just about every conceivable talent, skill and enthusiasm.

Key Contacts
For further information about making a gift to the Annual Fund, contact the Annual Fund Office at (518) 388-6175

To learn about the vehicles available to you for making a planned gift, email Jackie Cavalier (cavaliej@union.edu), Director of Gift Planning, or call (518) 388-6156.