The Terrace Council, Union's leadership giving society, was created to honor all members of the Union community including, alumni, friends, students, and parents who are united in their desire to propel Union to the forefront of higher education. The philanthropy of Terrace Council members touches virtually every aspect of the Union experience, from scholarships to faculty development to student activities, internships and award winning undergraduate research. Each year, more than 15% of the College's operating budget comes from gifts to The Annual Fund, led by donors to the Terrace Council.
An annual gift of $2,000 or more qualifies you for membership in the Terrace Council. Within the Terrace Council are a number of sub-groups that reflect various levels of annual giving.
- North College Society - $500,000 and up
- South College Society - $250,000 to $499,999
- The Minerva Circle - $100,000 to $249,999
- William Seward Partners - $50,000 to $99,999
- Chester Arthur Alliance - $25,000 to $49,999
- The Garnet Society - $10,000 to $24,999
- Ruth Evan Patrons - $7,500 to $9,999
- Charles Steinmetz Inner Circle - $5,000 to $7,499
- Seat of Stone Society - $3,000 to $4,999
- Society of the Idol - $2,000 to $2,999
Privileges of membership include recognition in the annual Report of Donors and other mailings, increased access to College leadership, personalized attention during special weekends, invitations to special receptions and events both on and off campus.
For upcoming Terrace Council events, please visit the alumni calendar of events. There are many giving options available for Terrace Council level gifts, including recurring gifts and utilizing corporate giving programs. Contact Sue Ferris at email@example.com for more information about the Terrace Council at Union College or call the Annual Fund office at (518) 388-6175.