Your ReUnion Gift: What Counts
ReUnion gifts create a unique opportunity for you individually and with your class to create a lasting legacy that reflects how Union has shaped and enriched your life.
As you make celebratory plans, we ask you to also examine your philanthropic plans. Levels of support vary from person to person, but your class volunteers will ask for a “stretch” gift from every classmate. In addition to supporting the current operations of the College through the Annual Fund, your class leadership may have also agreed to support a unique class project by a meaningful capital gift within the ReUnion giving timeframe and/or through your estate plans.
The current ReUnion giving timeframe is July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.
A year-long effort, the ReUnion Giving Program is designed to encourage increased participation and giving among classes celebrating ReUnion. Gifts and pledges made during those twelve months count toward the cumulative ReUnion Gift made by your class. ReUnion Gifts include annual gifts, capital gifts, planned gifts and pledges.
1. Outright Gifts and Pledges –
- First and foremost, gifts to the Annual Fund are essential to the College’s well-being and all ReUnion classes strive for 100% participation.
- Outright gifts also include Capital gifts. Capital gifts can endow a scholarship or professorship; name a room in a building, etc.
- Pledges made during the ReUnion year and those to be paid over the following four years are also counted. The maximum pledge term is five years.
- Matching gifts (please inquire for more information on which matching gifts can be counted)
- Cash, securities, gifts from an IRA, or real estate can be used to fund outright gifts.
2. Gift Planning Arrangements – Bequests, beneficiary designation (annuity, IRA, or life insurance plan), life income gifts (charitable gift annuities, trusts, etc.), made during the four years prior to and in the year of your ReUnion receive full credit.
The sum of the above gifts will meet the class goals ensuring Union’s future strength while underscoring your pride in your alma mater.
Make your ReUnion gift here.
For more information:
Annual Fund Office, (518) 388-6175
Gift Planning Office (518) 388-6156